- Hits: 162
I have been working on this project for sometime now. It involves a Raspberry Pi 3, a strand of addressable LEDs, and some other components. I will upload a video shortly of the project as it stands in a little bit and provide a list of components that I used. I will also post the source code so if anyone else is having problems like I did they can easily take a look at the code and see what I did to resolve the issue.
List of Components:
- Raspberry Pi 3
- PiBow Ninja Case
- Adafruit DotStar Digital LED Strip (1m and 5m strands)
- HDMI 7" 800x480 Display Backpack - With Touchscreen
- 5V 10A switching power suplly
- 4700 uF 10v Electrolytic Capacitor
- 2.1mm female/male barrel jack extension cable - 5ft
- Female DC Power adapter - 2.1mm jack to screw terminal
- Through-Hole Resistors - 470 ohm 5% 1/4W
- 4-pin JST SM Plug + Receptacle Cable Set
- Heat Shrink
- Stranded-Core Wire Spool (Blue, Orange, Black, Red)
I used the 1m strand of LEDs for testing purposes leaving the 5m strand for my final project. The final project is to run the LEDs around my office cubicle to indicate my availability in the office (if I am in my office or on the phone...etc).
All of the materials I was able to purchase from Adafruit. The website and forums are a great resource for all the electronic parts and pieces needed for this project. The forums are a great resource for other makers to ask and answer questions about their project that they are working on.
- Hits: 167
This year I purchased a Nikon D750 to replace my old Nikon D90. The D90 was a great digital camera. It was just time to upgrade. I did some my typical research before I buy just about anything. The D750 was on the camera I ultimately decided to replace the D90.
I have taken some pictures and they can be seen here. There are not many there yet, but I will be adding more as time goes on.
I am also planning on starting a lego minifig project either now or at the start of the new year. My goal it to take one picture a day of the minifig doing something around town.
Come back often to check for any updates.